Welcome to El Sheesh
We are very happy that you have decided to book with us and hope you’ll have a great stay here at Barefoot in Tunis. Here are some information to help things along.
Taking care of the house
- Please take your shoes off when in the house
- Please do not smoke inside the house
- Please do not light candles inside the house. In case of a power cut, we put an emergency light in the house
- when taking a shower, please try not to splish and splash too much … it’s a wood bathroom afterall
- Please DO NOT leave the AC running when you’re not in the house. The same for the lights
- Respect other Barefoot in Tunis guests and neighbors
- Please always close the main gate
- Enjoy your stay!
Check-out is at 1 pm. But you can always ask for a late check-out. Our latest check-out is at 6 pm for an additional fee of 20€/ 400 EGP.
Before you leave
- do your dishes
- empty the fridge
- empty the garbage bins. You can put it in the large bin next to the gate
Good to know
- Please help yourself with coffee/ Tea, Sugar etc.
- for cold days: AC has a heating function
- there is a light on your terrace that you can turn on and off individually
- the soap in the bathroom is from SR Cosmetics. Organic and proudly made in Egypt
- the balcony door next to the kitchen opens up, in case you want more breeze
- Feel free to use our rim bbq in the garden. You’ll find wood right behind it on the wall.
- If you like the poufs or pillows, feel free to contact us, or follow us on Instagram @Macarona. They are handmade and we sell some of them …
- you can rent the bicycles. It is 100 EGP per bike per day
- Carricature Museum
- Fields surrounding Tunis Village
- Fayoum Pottery School
Touring Tunis Village and surroundings
- Driver from and to Cairo
- Yasser: 0106 145 3360
- Safari Driver
- Etman: 0100 133 3781
- Sayid: 0106 488 8081
- Tok Tok Drivers
- Saber: 0101 591 3035
- Saad: 0101 003 6481
- Best Tour Guide
- Mahmoud Kamel: 0106 145 4263; You also find him on Instagram: @fayoumer
- Bird Watching Guides:
- Ahmed Mansour: 0100 377 9542
Groceries and Essentials
- Kushk (small shop)
- Call one of the tok tok drivers, if you are too lazy to move. All of the drivers have a small shop and deliver for a small fee.
- Alcohol: There is no shop selling alcohol, but the following restaurants serve local alcohol
- Byoum Restaurant
- Lazib Inn
- Palm Shadow Corner
- contact us … We often have a selection of local brands availabe