Welcome to Barefoot @ Barefoot in Tunis
We are so glad you came to Tunis Village. Now let’s get down to business: kick off your shoes (the place is called Barefoot after all), make yourself a tea and relax.
We are very happy that you have decided to book with us and hope you’ll have a great stay here at Barefoot in Tunis. Below are some information to help you during your stay with us.
Barefoot will be ready for you any time after 2 pm.
Please do let us know around what time you will arrive. A short message does the job.
Check-out is at 11am.
If you want a later check out, please let us know before hand! Sometimes we have the time. In that case a late check out until 1 pm is free … But please don’t forget to let us know, otherwise we will have to consider it a late check-out and late check-out fees apply.
Our latest check-out is at 6 pm for an additional fee of 20€/ 650 EGP.
How to find us?
When coming to Barefoot in Tunis using Google Maps, please DO NOT use Barefoot in Tunis as your location! Use Fayoum Pottery School instead.
Disclaimer: The location is correct, but Google will send you to the wrong side of the property.
At the Pottery School: Keep the school to your right and continue straight. About 200 meters after the school you’ll see a little alley to your right. Take it (and yes, a car fits easily in it). There is also a small sign saying “Barefoot in Tunis”.
The alley takes a right turn. The last gate at the end of the alley is Barefoot in Tunis.
It’s about 400 meters from the Fayoum Pottery School to Barefoot in Tunis.
Taking care of the house
- Please take your shoes off when in the house
- Please do not smoke inside the house
- Please do not light candles inside the house. In case of a power cut, we put an emergency light in the house
- when taking a shower, please try not to splish and splash too much … it’s a wood bathroom afterall.
- Please DO NOT leave the AC running when you’re not in the house
- Please always close the gate after you
- Please try to keep the door closed when chilling outside. We don’t want any uninvited animal friends in the house
- Be nice to other guests at Barefoot in Tunis and keep the noise down after 10 pm
- If you bring a furry friend, please read this: Dog Etiquette
- Enjoy your stay
How the house takes care of you
- Barefoot is equipped with a fully functioning kitchen. You have a small stove, small oven, kettle and of course some pots and pans to prepare a small meal. Please help yourself with Coffee, Tea, Sugar etc.
- the house is fully insulated, which means that it should keep the heat out on warm days and the cold out in winter
- For warm days: AC might be small, but covers the whole house, but also try opening the windows. There is usually a beautiful breeze in the evening
- for very cold days: AC has a heating function …
- Our small pool is heated from November to April. The water temperature usually ranges between 20 – 25 degrees Celsius.
- there is a light at the pool that you can turn on and off…right next to the pool on the wall
- the soap in the bathroom is organic and proudly made in Egypt
Before you leave, please
- do your dishes
- empty the fridge
- empty the garbage bins. You can put it in the large wooden bin next to the entry gate
Good to know
- You’ll find wood for the fire pit on the wall next to the stairs of the main house.
- Unfortunately, we do not have Wifi yet. The cables are there, but we are not yet connected. Bear with us please…
- A tok tok ride inside the village costs between 20 -30 EGP
- There are only three properly functioning ATMs in town. You’ll find one at the Reception of Kom El Dikka Lodge, another one inside Palm Shadow Corner Hotel and the other one on the main village road, opposite of the school.
- During rain and heavy storms, the power will cut. We put a small emergency light inside the house, in case the power cuts during the night.
Best food in town
It is always recommended to call ahead and reserve a table. Most of them do also deliver …
- Ibis Restaurant (last order 20:30) – For orders: 0106 090 6048
- Kom El Dikka Restaurant (last order 20:30)
- Sit el Beit (Mob: 0112 592 0199) for a fresh and hot Feteer delivered to you in the morning ( call them a day before)
- Fish at Ras El Helal Camp at the Magic Lake (Mob: 0100 777 9152)
- Lac Moeris: Have a dinner with a stunning view onto Lake Qaroun @Lacmoeris
- Have a coffee and cake at Ibis Restaurant and read the afternoon away in their little library
- Carricature Museum
- Fields surrounding Tunis Village
- Take a potery class at the Fayoum Pottery School
- Visit the north side of the lake
- A sunset at the Magic Lake
- A shop called “To a Skylark”. Mohamed has an eye for detail. His perfectly curated shop combines local craftsmanship with a unique and modern design.
- We’ve made you a list of other things worth doing …
We want you to relax here at Barefoot in Tunis … so we got your back.
Leticia our local professional therapist comes right to you. She offers a range of services, but we highly recommend her massage sessions and hot stone therapy.
1h Massage 750 EGP
1h Hot Stone Therapy 850 EGP
Call Leticia to see her availability and to book your session: 0109 945 0285
Touring Tunis Village and surroundings
- Driver from and to Cairo – Depending on your location one way costs between 750 EGP and 1000 EGP
- Yasser: 0106 145 3360
- Mustafa 0100 137 7391
- Safari Driver – a day trip costs around 1600 EGP per car; excluding the entry to the Protected Area. A car can take up to 4 persons.
- Yasser: 0106 145 3360
- Osam: 0122 531 2659
- Etman: 0100 133 3781
- Tok Tok Drivers
- Saber: 0101 591 3035
- Saad: 0101 003 6481
- Best Tour Guide
- Mahmoud Kamel: 0106 145 4263; You also find him on Instagram: @fayoumer
- Bird Watching Guides:
- Ahmed Mansour: 0100 377 9542
Groceries and Essentials?
- Kushk (small shop)
- Call one of the tok tok drivers, if you are too lazy to move. All of the drivers have a small shop and deliver for a small fee, or pass by the pharmacy for you
- Alcohol: There is no shop selling alcohol, but the following restaurants serve local alcohol
- Byoum Restaurant
- Lazib Inn
- contact us … We often have a selection of local brands availabe