Barefoot was built with great consideration for the environment and commits itself to sustainable tourism practices. We are trying our best to have a low impact on the environment and local culture as possible. At the same time, we try to help generate employment for local people, while ensuring a positive experience for our guests.
Here are some practices that we implement at Barefoot in Tunis, we are well aware that there is much more that we can do … and will in the future
- Our three tiny houses reflect the designs and heritage of the local culture
- Our garden is full of edible plants, as we believe that home grown is the best food.
- During construction, we tried to use as many locally harvested and sustainable and/or recyclable building materials as possible
- Use our grey water to water non-edible plants in the garden
- Only work with local staff and encourage our guests to use local service providers
- Tea Cup is partly built with sand filled plastic bottles